Sunday, 7 August 2011

I want

On Thursday we had a seminar on leadership and the 'missional church' with Dr Reggie McNeal. Something I wrote down afterwards reflects a few things that inspired and challenged me on the day.

I want to serve in an Army with leadership that take risks for the Kingdom.

I want the body of Christ to be lived out, not just preached about.

I want leaders to be made leaders of leaders; not because of their ability to be 'diplomatic' or 'talk the talk', but because of the Holiness of their lives and their personal reliance on the Holy Spirit.

I want an Army with leaders that know the true perils of sin, but also know the ultimate peril of attempting to sit on the throne of judgement.

I want to live a life of mission, unhindered by two thousand years of aggressive Christendom, yet empowered with two thousand years of Christian wisdom.


After writing this I pondered what a huge ask it is for these things to be fulfilled, but rejoiced in the fact that I serve a God who allows all things to be possible. It was then that I realised that I must change the "I want" to "I pray", because that is how these things will come to pass.

I know God is in control, as Reggie said, it's our job just to "get on the bus and enjoy the ride". I most certainly intend to do so and I hope to be praying all the way!

Peace

1 comment:

  1. Ahh Tim I love how you think and write! I will definitely keep reading.

    ReplyDelete