"For judgment will be without mercy to anyone who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment."
Father, in my future, the one which lay in your hands, may I show mercy just like the mercy you have shown me.
May I be slow to anger and quick to forgive. May I never forget my human imperfections, may they stand as reminders of your necessary grace, but furthermore may they not weigh on my heart.
I thank you for the spiritual confidence you instill in me. That confidence that replaces arrogance, an arrogance broken by the reality of my humanity, and a greater understanding of your perfection.
May the Holy Spirit that I yearn to know more of reside in the depths of my soul. May I learn to follow it's prompting, may I feel the convictions that it places in me; be they positive or negative, rebuke or revelation.
I pray that the blood that was shed by your Son may mark me as saved. I pray that it may mark me as someone that gives glory to Him, and that people I encounter may see that my life points to His. May I grow to be more like Him, oh to be more and more like Him.
Father, the mercy you have shown me through your Son has triumphed over judgement. May the Spirit fill my heart and mind with the resounding truth of that, for this day and always.
Amen
"For judgment will be without mercy to anyone who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment." James 2:13 (NRSV)
No comments:
Post a Comment