Sunday, 11 December 2011

A God of Comfort

When my heart is breaking for the people around me, it is hard to feel Gods  presence. When I see the hurt in the souls of those I love, it is hard to see Gods guiding hand. When I hear the sobbing of people so beautiful, it is hard to hear Gods voice. But when I search within my feelings, I see my heart only breaks because my Lords heart is breaking, When I hurt I know I only hurt because I know the healing my Saviour brings, and when I truly listen to the silence in the chaos, I hear my mighty God, whispering words of comfort that reach me deep within. My God prevails, He is the triune God of eternity, He is my gracious Lord, He is my comfort and my refuge. By His grace I live in freedom, and by His grace His followers will prevail.

Psalm 34:15-18
"The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their cry. The face of the LORD is against evildoers, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears, and rescues them from all their troubles. The LORD is near to the brokenhearted, and saves the crushed in spirit."

In the name of Jesus I pray and believe.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment